Wednesday, February 3

I out-thunk myself again!!!!!

I refuse to pay a hundred dollars for a pair of shoes.


I am not picky, hard to please, or a cheapskate. I just simply cannot throw a hundred dollars at something that usually cost less than 4 dollars to produce. (Don’t ask me where I got that number, I think I heard it on Oprah once). Granted, I do wear shoes a lot-usually every day. Not only that but I also hardly ever spend money on anything else wardrobe related. In fact, I still wear jeans that I wore in High school. Sure they are much tighter and I am not going to be making any sudden movements, (i.e. anything other than walking slowly and sitting very slowly). To spend a hundred dollars on shoes or any other “one article of clothing” sounds very….um….. Un-Christian to me.
I would rather Dive all over town (ten dollars worth of Gas, not to mention the bad mood I am in when I go home empty handed), then pack up the whole family for an impromptu trip to Evansville (another ten dollars in gas, not to mention the price of the restaurant we now have to eat at because, seriously, how often do we get the chance to eat at a place that is not available in our home town. Bill=30 bucks.) All this in order to get all the way over to Evansville then find the perfect pair of shoes! (Except for the fact that they cost 30 dollars more then I had originally planed on paying in the first place).

So the breakdown looks like this:

I want 50 dollar shoes. That is a reasonable price Right????

+10 dollars gas around Owensboro

+10 dollars gas to Evansville.

+30 dollars Food

+30 extra for the “perfect pair”

Oh my….

I paid 130 dollars for my shoes. That is unacceptable. I would take them back, but that would cost too much money. When you see them…pray for me.

2 comments:

  1. But I must buy new clothes I grow from month to month I am as child I outgrow them before I wear them HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - your shoes do look nice!

    ReplyDelete